Care Assistant: Hours to suit your availability
Do you feel a passion to care for others? Are you looking for a versatile and fulfilling job? Then come and join our award-winning team!
Helping someone stay independent and comfortable in their own home is more than just ‘caring’. As a care assistant for Martlets Care, you can make a real difference to the lives of people in your local community, giving them the support they need to live independently in their own homes.
Every one of our team members is highly-valued and cared for – which is why we can proudly say that our employee retention rates are far above the industry norm and many of our carers have with us since we began in 2007. We offer generous benefits and pay that’s in line with local living wage and above, and we reward our team members for value-based achievements. We provide the best training in the industry, and it’s always on-going; we also pay for time spent training – because that’s the way it should be.
If you have a calling to care for others, we’d love to hear from you. We seek both experienced and inexperienced carers – no experience is necessary, full training is provided.
If you’d like an informal chat about being a care assistant or the role, call us on 01273 829 943.
We look forward to meeting you!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Providing person-centred care to clients to ensure delivery of a high quality service.
- Enabling clients to live as independently, comfortably and securely as possible.
- Promoting the opportunity for clients to live in their preferred place of care by providing care and support to individuals and families.
- Delivering care in accordance with practices, procedures and policies of Martlets Care.
- Carrying out personal care tasks in accordance with the individual client care plan (see specific duties).
- Treating clients of the service with dignity, respect and maintain confidentiality, in line with our policies.
- Observing, recording and reporting any changes in client’s condition to Martlets Care.
- Complying with any risk assessments associated to the delivery of care and notify the Care Coordinator of any changes in their condition or circumstances.
- Liaising with medical services in the general support and administration of medication in line with the Medication Policy and following successful assessment of competencies laid down by Royal Pharmaceutical guidelines.
- Liaising/working in partnership with internal/external teams as required.
- Following correct working practices, procedures and policies and keep up to date with new polices and research-based practice.
- Participating in regular supervision, team meetings and annual appraisal, in line with Martlets Care policies. Risk Assessment and Manual Handling.
- Participating in training when required, including Common Induction Standards and the NVQ Programme.
- Ensuring your timesheet is an accurate reflection of your work and to be responsible for it is returned to the office at the specified time.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties as required by Martlets Care.
- Accountable to the Care Coordinator team
- Clinical Supervision will be provided
- Close working team relationship with all other Care Assistants
- Assisting clients with personal care tasks, which will include; washing, dressing, showering, bathing, dressing and undressing, oral hygiene, toileting and getting in and out of bed.
- Safe working practice to ensure good infection control.
- Maintaining a hygienic environment by ensuring cleanliness of client’s rooms, i.e. bedding, sitting and any surfaces, work areas i.e. toilets, bathrooms and kitchens.
- Apply safe Manual Handling techniques.
- Care of skin and pressure areas.
- Providing assistance with continence.
- Assisting clients with their mobility using the appropriate equipment as instructed.
- Preparing and/or heating meals, drinks and snacks where necessary.
- Enabling clients to take their prescribed medication and completing the necessary documentation.
- To comply with Confidentiality of all Martlets Care Operations and those involved with Martlets Care including Clients, their families and other staff members.